The JSR-286 (Portlet 2.0) Early Draft 1 has been released by the Java Community Process. It can be found at: http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/edr/jsr286/. According to that page:
“This first draft does not contain all the functionality that the JSR 286 EG considers for this JSR, but mainly supports the features introduced with Web Service for Remote Portlets (WSRP) V 2.0 defined at OASIS and thus the JSR 286 EG seeks feedback these features. Additional features will be introduced with a second early draft.”
Note that the PDF ‘Without Track Changes’ is broken right now. The other PDF has color highlighting new text in the document.
According to PLT.2.6 of the Early Draft:
The major new features of version 2.0 include:
* Events — enabling portlet to send and receive events and perform state changes or send further events as result of processing an event.
* Shared session attributes — allowing portlets to share session attributes beyond the current web application.
* Shared render parameters — allowing portlets to share render parameters with other portlets.
* Resource serving — provides ability for a portlet to serve a resource.
* Portlet filter — allowing on the fly transformations of information in both the request to and the response from a portlet
The closing date for this early draft review is Sept 1. Please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.